- June 6, 2019
- Posted by: QuickBooks Onlline payroll
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 6000 is a simple error which may display in the time of open a company file in QuickBooks software. There are a lot of company file errors which can affect your workflow and it occurs due to some technical faults in software. So this error is one of them. Here we would talk about “Reason of the error” and “How to resolve or fix QuickBooks Error 6000”.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 6000
There are a lot of circumstances may be like;
- If the firewall setting is on for blocking the connection.
- The .TLG file may be corrupt.
- If the QuickBooks installation file has corrupted.
- The configuration of a computer network connection may be incorrect.
- If the multiple users have logged into the same company file.
- When you are trying to restore the previous backup of your files, an error 6000 may be a display of QuickBooks.
- If the company file has damaged from anyway, it may happen.
- The data source name may be damaged.
How to resolve or fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Many solutions are available which removes error 6000 from QuickBooks. Here are 6 steps listed, you may try one by one;
Step-1: Remove the spaces before and after the company name
- Log out from QuickBooks account.
- Open to the folder where your company file is store.
- To right click on the company file and click on Rename.
- Select the file name and remove any spaces before the company file extension and after the company name.
- Try to opening for a new company profile create.
Step-2: Turn off hosting from the QuickBooks installed system.
- Access for a single user:
- To select the main menu Go to File > Utilities > click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- When message displays, click on Yes.
- Access for Multi-user:
- Open QuickBooks software on every system where display error 6000.
- To select the file from the No Company Open window.
- To select the main menu Go to File > Utilities.
- If there are displaying a message Stop Hosting Multiple User Access it means multiple user hosting is enabled.
- From all clients, computers to select the Stop Hosting Multiple User Access and then follow the prompted steps to turn off hosting.
- To try again open a problem file.
Notes: This type of error usually indicates that one or more client computers incorrectly setup the host multi-user access.
Step-3: To switch the hosting Local and Remote files mode for Multi-User access.
- Open the QuickBooks and press the F2 key, The product information window is open.
- To check the bottom of the Local server information window, set hosing to local files only.
- Click on the File menu and select the switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Now once the company file is open on the network computer and opens the Product information window by pressing the F2 key.
- To verify the local server information hosting is set to local files only.
Reminder: When you provide access to the company file to other QuickBooks users, they must be left on the computer from hosting multi-user access. The user must be logged in who set up QuickBooks however QuickBooks is open or not.
Step-4: To restart the client computer.
- Restarting the computer the software away from the scratch and wipes and it will bring the system at fresh mind.
I hope that the above-given steps will help you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 if not, contact our toll-free number and talk to our experts now.